Oxalis Triangularis is also called False Shamrock which was adopted from an Irish shamrock with 3 or 4 leaves clover. The difference is, the color of Oxalis Triangularis is purple with pink tiny flowers while the Irish shamrock is green with white, pink or yellow small flowers. During the day, oxalis open its leaves and closes them during night time.
How To Take Care of Oxalis Triangularis:
- It is best planted in a flower pot or container.
- It is best situated in a shady place as the sun can easily burn this plant.
- Don´t over water oxalis as the bulbs don´t like it. Better wait until the soil is dry.
- When the foliage of the oxalis withered and dies out, don´t throw the plant as some bulbs will still grow after a few weeks.
- Replanting oxalis is very easy. Just transfer the nursery plant bulbs in a well drain soil and water a bit. Remember, don´t over water it.
Gardening is one of my hobbies but I can only do this hobby when I am in my home country Philippines. When I am not there in my tropical garden, but here in my 2nd home Germany, I write about my plants and my experiences with them.
Here are some flowers in my garden:
- https://niume.com/post/188754 my dancing lady orchids photos
- https://niume.com/post/221996 my bougainvillea photos
Thanks for dropping by and I hope you will visit my garden online. Take care and God bless us all.
Copyright 2017, All Rights Reserved by Thelma Alberts