Google Cookies

Due to the new European Union Law which started on May 25, 2018, I inform you and confirm to you that Google uses cookies automatically on my blog including the use of Google Adsense, Google Analytics and other collected data. You are giving your consent when reading this blog. Thank you.


Translate

Sunday 31 May 2015

Bougainvillea, A Beautiful And Easy To Grow Plant

I grew up with different kinds of bougainvillea plants. Those were the first flowers I knew of  as a kid besides bananas and coconuts. I still remember the bougainvilleas my late mother planted in the pots and were put on the sides of our balcony of our traditional wooden house with nipa roof in my home country, Philippines. The bougainvilleas were in white, pink and red colours and they were very healthy as they were fertilized with urine mixed with a lot of water. It was not stinky as it was more with water than with human urine.

My mother is gone to heaven (I hope) but some of her bougainvilleas are still in our garden but no longer in the same house. The bougainvilleas were almost dead when I came in our garden in 2011. I was able to revive them with love and care, with the help of my relatives living in my house



This is a bougainvillea I have planted in 2012. I have planted this by just inserting the cutting in a small hole I dug. It was so easy, with luck and with my green thumb as I found out years later. My cousin and I always trim this plant when it blocks the way to our house again. 



This is the same bougainvillea taken from the other side of the garden. You can see the pink Plumeria/Frangipani before it and the yellow cosmos at the back.



This pot of bougainvillea was one of the flowers my late mother left behind. I treasure her flowers like the beautiful orchids she left behind as those are my inheritance from her.


If you are interested, please check these hubs on my main writing site Hubpages:

http://thelmaalberts.hubpages.com/hub/My-Beautiful-Orchids  a poem.

http://thelmaalberts.hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Take-Care-Of-Potted-Orchids

http://thelmaalberts.hubpages.com/hub/The-Flowers-In-My-Garden-A-Photo-Gallery

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. If you have something to say, please comment below. Enjoy your  month of June. Take care!

Copyright 2015 ©Thelma Alberts, All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. beautiful flowers! I remember bougainvillea when I was a child and my mother loved to collect it and planted in our courtyard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a beautiful flower ilagan shy. We are very lucky as this plant is abundant in the Philippines. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. wonderful flowers, I love your photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are beautiful Brenda Maria. It is nice to see you here. Thank you for your visit.

      Delete